WHY SHOULD WE CARE? POST #4 of a series

 

Proverbs 14:12 (KJV) There is a way which seemeth right unto a man,

but the end thereof are the ways of death.

 

A LIFESTYLE COMMISSIONED

   John 13:34(KJV) A new commandment I give unto you, that ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another. 

   John 14:28(KJV) Ye have heard how I said unto you, I go away, and come again unto you. If ye loved me, ye would rejoice, because I said, I go unto the Father: for my Father is greater than I. 

   John 15:13(KJV) Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.

   1 John 3:17(KJV) But whoso hath this world's good, and seeth his brother have need, and shutteth up his bowels of compassion from him, how dwelleth the love of God in him? 

   1 Corinthians 1:10(KJV) Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment. 

   Galatians 5:14(KJV) For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this; Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. 

   1 John 3:18(KJV) My little children, let us not love in word, neither in tongue; but in deed and in truth. 

   John 13:35(KJV) By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another. 

 

UNITY. YoU aNd I TogetherwhY?... First and foremost, because the God who made us, said that it should be that way. The world today talks about everything that matters, except the one thing that truly matters. Our relationship with each other, without conditions, or expectations. Simply because you are you, and I am me.

 

Secondly, each of us have differing skills and abilities. To work for the good of the whole, and make this world a better place, we all need to merge our skills and abilities into a cohesive partnership. There is no purpose served by my attempting to do what you do, or for you to attempt to do what I do, if we are both doing what God intended for us to do.

 

Thirdly, are you operating a business or working for a business that relies on semi-skilled or skilled personnel? If you know anyone in such a position you know there is a critical shortage of available candidates for employment. I am sharing to address any such need you may have, or know about.

 

Fourthly, I am a skill training veteran with 65-years’ experience in multi-craft and cross-skill transfer initiatives. I promote workforce participation through pay-for-skill/earn while you learn initiatives. (No college debt, or accumulated educational expense). Admittedly, the majority of my experience has addressed manufacturing reliability/maintenance services (electrical/electronics, hydraulics/pneumatics, instrumental, mechanical and utility systems) but as applied and integrated, rather than linear as common to traditional education and training.

 

Lastly, from a Biblical perspective, my knowledge of the universal need compels me to offer to assist by offering hope, help, and encouragement. There are numerous independent providers of online training available today.  Most will totally avoid assisting with . multi-craft skill integration.

 

Your best candidates for skill upgrades are your current employees. They already know you and your policies, procedures, and your expectation (and where the bathrooms are). More importantly, you already know them. You already have a level of trust, mutual confidence, and you know their dependability in matters of behavior and personnel expectations. Consider an offer to current employees by posting your categoric needs; and announcing pay-for-skill progressive advancement. Then enroll them in skill clusters of approximately one year each; working toward specific skill needs in your facility. Then hire to replace them in positions of lesser skill.

 

I am not writing to attract attention to my unique qualifications, and time and attendance are not the qualifiers. I honestly do not know anyone else that graduated with an Industrial Engineering Bachelor’s degree and a 27-credit hour minor in Mechanical engineering (achieved in a five-year co-operative program with General Motors. But more importantly building on that foundation, spending the next 60-years actively promoting blue collar skill needs for electricians, pipefitters, millwrights, electronics technicians, instrumentation technicians, and welders.

 

In the peak of the apprenticeship era, each of these titles required a 4 or 5-year apprenticeship, and an investment of $5,000.00 or more in tools and test instruments. Today, the greatest myth in education is that a 2-year Mechatronics diploma graduate will be capable of accomplishing the task assignments that were the responsibilities of all of the trades named above. If you believe that, I would like to talk to you about some oceanfront property in Colorado.

 

The devil is always in the details, and the details in cross-skill/multi-craft training are related to the establishing a common core, and then developing an Individualized Development Plan (IDP) for each candidate to remediate gap needs against existing job/task skill standards.

 

If you have an interest for yourself, or anyone you know that might have an interest, please be in touch … Be blessed,

 

Mel

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A VISION GOD GAVE ME WHEN I DIED IN 1993 - HEAVENLY REJECT #2

RULE OF LAW? WHO IS KIDDING WHO?